YOUTH MINISTRY ~ YOUNG HOPE (Confirmation to 12th) & RISING HOPE (5th to Confirmation)
2018 SHIPWRECKED – Vacation Bible Camp
The 2018 SHIPWRECKED VBC took off with a big SPLASH thanks to Mrs. Diane Scafidi our Youth Ministry Director , our Young Hope Ministry and a squad of dedicated volunteers who year after year make this the best bible camp ever!!!
In our Youth Ministries, the life giving enthusiasm of our young people comes from pride in knowing that they are RELEVANT and an important part of this parish! These young people learn and live their faith within the Parish community enjoying activities that are fun yet meant to service the church such as:
- Card Making to reach out to those Home Bound and/or living in Nursing Homes,
- Charlie Brown Thanksgiving, movie and sandwich making,
- Sandwich Making for the Cathedral Kitchen to feed the hungry,
- Vacation Bible Camp to share the joy of Jesus with our young ages 4-10,
- Trunk or Treat aimed to strengthen and build community,
- Christmas Eve Mass Candy Cane Giveaway a small gift and friendly smile for the young children,
- Soup & Stations to support our parish prayer experience,
- Easter Egg Hunt to spread the joy of new life in Jesus,
- Monthly Adoration for those wishing quiet time for reflection with our Lord.
Our Lady of Hope Youth Ministry, “Young Hope” assists the teens of our parish from 8th grade Confirmation thru 12th to navigate life’s rough roads, to aid them in addressing the many challenges that face them in these difficult years, and set them on the right course using our very own “GPS” system:
G ather (for food, fun, socializing, and learning)
P ray (as the Lord taught us), and
S erve (one another, our Parish, and our Community)
Young Hope will lead the youth of our parish into deeper relationship with Jesus Christ and His Holy Catholic Church through a life-long faith formation process. Assist them in developing into faithful young adults participating in the life of the Church and the Community. Provide an opportunity for prayer, catechesis, service, discussion, and socializing in a fun, safe, and Catholic environment. Gather every other Sunday in the Parish Center following the 6:00 P.M. Mass. Offer monthly Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament after the 6:00 PM Mass on the 1st Sunday of each month. Attend retreats, social events, and youth-focused liturgies throughout the year.
“Do not let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith, and in purity.” 1 Timothy 4:12